Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Who is responsible for council house repairs

Housing repairs and coronavirus

We are experiencing high call volumes following lockdown periods and a backlog of repairs so please be patient when contacting us.

If you or anyone in the property have symptoms such as a new and persistent cough and/or high temperature or if anyone self-isolating within the property or has been diagnosed with Coronavirus you must let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule our visit.

We may ask you to clean the around the area that we will be repairing as thoroughly as possible, where able open windows in the room and if able wear a mask. You may be asked to be in a separate room while our trade’s worker/operatives is onsite until the appointment is undertaken.

We're responsible for carrying out many repairs to council homes, but there are also some repairs that you are responsible for. We might charge you for rechargeable repairs. Find out how we carry out repairs to your home.

We aim to ensure that any communal areas are clean and safe by carrying out repairs to communal areas and facilities whenever necessary.

Report a council house repair

Before reporting a repair, check to see who is responsible for repairs to bathrooms, central heating, doors, kitchens, plumbing, structure, windows and other repairs.

Report a repair

Also see

Housing Repairs

Telephone: 01904 551550 (option 4, option 1)

In writing to: Hazel Court, James Street, York, YO10 3DS

Housing Repairs - Out of hours emergencies

Telephone: 01904 630405 or 01904 427699