Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Council house repairs you have to pay for

Council house repairs you have to pay for are called 'rechargeable repairs'. You may be 'recharged' for the cost of repairs if they were needed because:

  • you or a visitor to your home have caused damage that is not fair 'wear and tear'
  • you have neglected your home
  • you have carried out unauthorised work
  • you have caused damage whilst doing your own improvements
  • your pet has caused damage
  • we have had to gain access for you into your home because you do not have a key to get in

You will be told about our intention to recharge you, and in some cases the actual cost you will have to pay before the work is started.

You can find further information about how we deal with rechargeable repairs in our rechargeable repairs factsheet.

Council homes repairs policy

The way we deal with our repairs service is covered by our council homes repairs policy.

Also see

Housing Repairs

Telephone: 01904 551550 (option 4, option 1)

In writing to: Hazel Court, James Street, York, YO10 3DS

Housing Repairs - Out of hours emergencies

Telephone: 01904 630405 or 01904 427699