Minster Badge permit terms and conditions
- The Minster Badge Permit is only valid for the vehicle it has been issued to.
- The Minster Badge Permit is valid from the time of issue (excludes Pay on Exit).
- The Minster Badge Permit allows discounted parking in council car parks, and to park for £1 on an evening in some on-street pay and display areas between 6.00pm and 8.00am, 7 days a week.
- You must allow 5 days before using your Minster Badge in Coppergate or Marygate Car Parks. In these car parks the ANPR system will automatically apply the discount when you pay at the end of your stay.
- The vehicle must be parked within the recognised bay markings within the car park.
- We reserve the right to permanently or temporarily close any car park in which the Minster Badge permit can be used.
- If you change your vehicle, you must notify Parking Services by logging into your Permit Portal account informing us of your new vehicle registration so your details can be updated.
- We will not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of theft, loss or damage to any vehicle, or its contents, left at any council car park. Nor will we accept any such liability in respect of delay caused by the malfunction of any automatic barrier equipment.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Minster Badge Permit is renewed on time.
- If your vehicle is stolen, then a replacement permit will be issued on production of a crime reference number from the police to confirm the theft of your vehicle. If your vehicle is written off then a replacement permit will be issued on receipt of confirmation of the write-off from the police or the DVLA.
- A permit may be surrendered at any time by notifying Parking Services via your Permit Portal account.
- City of York Council reserves the right to withdraw any permit found to have been improperly issued or used. If your permit is withdrawn or you are refused a permit, you have a right to appeal.
- Please be aware that you are not able to use your Minster Badge Permit discount until you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved and you have been issued with a permit number. A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued to any vehicles parked without a valid permit. A permit application is not a permit and does not provide you with any exemptions from the parking regulations in place. A permit application will not be considered as a mitigating factor in any appeals received against the issue of a PCN.
- This is a formal contract and sets out the rules and obligations that you must follow in order to use the permit. You will need to read all the terms and conditions before accepting the agreement. A penalty charge notice may be issued and/or the permit withdrawn if any of the terms and conditions are not complied with.
- The permit is only for your use.
- The permit will no longer be valid if you no longer reside at the address.
- The permit may be withdrawn if you misuse it.
- You must not sell or transfer the permit.
- It is an offence for a person knowingly to make a false statement for the purpose of obtaining a parking permit. The council will not hesitate to prosecute, and a conviction will result in substantial penalties. The council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA