We charge rent weekly. You'll pay rent over 52 or 53 weeks (depending on the financial year) if you have an introductory or secure tenancy.
You must always pay in advance, and can choose to pay:
Your rent will change in April each year.
Pay rent online
Pay rent by direct debit
If you choose to pay by direct debit, we’ll let you know in writing when:
- your direct debit will start
- there are any changes to your payments
We’ll also let your bank know when your rent changes each April.
We can help you set up a direct debit from a bank or building society account. If you haven’t got a bank account, we can help you open one.
To set up a direct debit, either:
- telephone our Housing Rent Account Team, or
- complete our Housing Rent direct debit form
Pay rent using 'allpay'
Download the free allpay app to pay your rent using your smart phone.
You can also use your 'allpay' card at any Post Office or shop displaying the 'PayPoint' sign to pay by:
- debit card
You'll need to:
- present your 'allpay' card and payment
- keep your receipt in a safe place as proof of payment
If you lose your card, contact our Housing Rent Account Team or your Housing Management Officer to order a free replacement.
Pay rent by standing order
Complete our Housing Rent standing order form to set up a standing order from your bank account.
However, you'll need to remember to change it:
- every April when your rent changes, or
- if your payments change
Pay rent by cash
Pay cash into our general HSBC account:
- account number: 70897558
- sort code: 40-47-31
Remember to include your rent payment reference number.
Pay rent by post
We only accept cheque payments by post.
When sending cheques:
- make them payable to ‘City of York Council'
- write your rent payment reference number on the back
Post cheque payments to:
Financial Transactions Office, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA