Hazel Court HWRC opening hours
Between October and March:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Between April and September:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 7.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Access to Hazel Court HWRC
- Last entry is 15 minutes before closing time; vehicles arriving later may be refused entry
- The height barrier for the site is 1.9 meters
- Pedestrains are permitted to visit the site. Please use the ground level area to the left of the vehicle gate.
- The site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- The site is open on all other Bank Holidays, but can be very busy at these times
Permits for larger vehicles at Hazel Court HWRC
If you're a resident bringing your own household waste to the site in a van, vehicle with trailer or other large vehicle (for example, 4x4 with pick up, minibus, pick-ups, campervan), you will need a to apply for a booklet of free permits to access the site.
Please allow 10 days for your application to be processed and your permits to arrive by post. Each household is allowed one booklet of permits per year.
To visit Hazel Court HWRC using a hire vehicle (residents only), you'll need to bring the following to site. Please note: there is no need to contact us before your visit.
- hire vehicle documents
- proof of your address and residency (something with your name and address on)
Businesses using hire vehicles must register with us prior to using the site and will be charged. See commercial waste disposal sites for information about how to register to dispose of your business waste.
Waste disposal at Hazel Court HWRC
You can dispose of the following items at Hazel Court HWRC, to recycle and compost:
- paper, cardboard, metal cans or tins, glass bottles and jars, tetra pak cartons
- hard plastic (such as toys, patio furniture)
- textiles, shoes
- garden waste
- soil, rubble, turf (please see our chargeable waste prices)
- electrical equipment, fluorescent tubes, fridges, freezers
- household batteries
- wood, scrap metal
- car oil, gas bottles
- bonded asbestos (please see our chargeable waste prices)
- general landfill waste
Hazel Court HWRC cannot accept:
- pesticides and chemicals from farms or industry
If you're in doubt about which items you can take to Hazel Court HWRC, please contact us before visiting the site.
See information about disposing of other materials in our Recycle and reuse A-Z.
Charges at Hazel Court HWRC
There is a charge to dispose of some items including brick rubble, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, plasterboard and bonded asbestos.
Find out more about chargeable waste prices and what is considered a chargeable item.
These items can only be taken to Hazel Court HWRC, they are not accepted at Towthorpe/Strensall HWRC.
Asbestos at Hazel Court HWRC
If you plan to bring asbestos to Hazel Court HWRC, please contact us first to check there is enough room in the skip.
We cannot accept asbestos from traders. If a tradesperson has removed the asbestos on your behalf, they are responsible for its safe disposal at an appropriate site.
Please contact the Environment Agency to find local disposal facilities.
Trade Waste at Hazel Court HWRC
Trade waste is accepted at Hazel Court HWRC, for more information see commercial waste disposal sites.
Pedestrian and bike access
There is no access to the main site for pedestrians or bicycles. Please use the dedicated disposal area for pedestrians and bikes which is to the left of the main site entrance to Hazel Court. There are bins here for general rubbish and some types of recycling. Other items, which are accepted on site, can be left here and the site staff will transfer them to the correct container. Usage of this area is monitored to avoid misuse.