If you are a supplier/retailer who accepts school uniform assistance vouchers issued by us, you should be aware of the following guidelines when processing these vouchers.
- only accept vouchers if you are the supplier stated on the voucher
- not accept the voucher after the stated expiry date
- not issue change from a voucher
- ensure any excess is paid by the bearer
- contact us immediately if you doubt a voucher's authenticity (note: all vouchers are authenticated by signature and unique voucher number)
- quote the voucher number and pupil name on all communications and documents
- contact the school stated on the voucher to arrange payment
- retain the voucher
These instructions are also stated on each voucher for your convenience.
If you are a taxable business as defined by the Finance Act 1972, you should issue a tax invoice to the school for all taxable supplies and services, quoting your registration number.