You may need to apply for planning permission and/or Building Regulation consent if you own a residential property and wish to make changes to it.
Read the following advice for more information:
- when planning permission is needed
- when Building Regulation consent is needed
- the design guide for alterations and extensions
- the planning application process
- pre-application planning advice
- guidance notes for completing our planning application form
- The Party Wall Act (on GOV.UK)
See our application checklist to ensure you have all the necessary information before applying for planning permission.
Alternatively, download our householder planning application form and return to our Planning Submissions Team.