If you own a residential property and wish to make changes to it, you may need to apply for planning permission and/or Building Regulation consent for any works or an extension.
Before you begin you should read more about:
- when planning permission is needed
- when Building Regulation consent is needed
- the design guide for alterations and extensions
- the planning application process
- pre-application planning advice
- guidance notes for completing our plannin application form
- The Party Wall Act (on GOV.UK)
Use our application checklist to ensure you have all of the information needed before you apply for planning permission.
Or download a householder planning application form and return to our Planning Submissions Team.