We offer 'pre-application' planning advice to give you informal guidance before you submit a planning application.
We help identify any potential issues, so you can:
- consider them before finalising your proposals
- improve your submission
- speed up the planning decision process
Householder Enquiry Form
Submit a Householder Enquiry Form to find out whether a planning permission application is required for:
- an extension to your house
- an alteration to your house or garden
Commercial Enquiry Form
Submit a Commercial Enquiry Form to find out whether a planning permission application is required to:
- run a business from your home
- make an alteration to a flat, shop, office or commercial building
Pre-application planning advice form and fees
Submit a pre-application planning advice form if you:
- know you need to submit an application
- want advice on the likelihood of your application being successful
Download our pre-application fees and charges leaflet for details of our fees.
Complete and return your form, along with the relevant fee.
Unless the information is deemed exempt, we make any pre-application correspondence available for public inspection under: