- our HWRCs are open and operating in line with current government guidance
- we continue to be busy so please consider whether your journey is necessary before setting out
- please sort your waste before going to the HWRC to reduce the time spent on site
- whilst there are fewer social distancing restrictions in place please respect those around you, including our staff, and give them space
- there are no restrictions on the number of people getting out of a vehicle
- if you need assistance, please ask a member of staff
- staff will be able to help carry heavy items but will not be able to unload items from inside of a vehicle
Hazel Court HWRC opening hours
Between October and March:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Between April and September:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 7.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Note: Last entry is 15 minutes before closing time. We may refuse entry if you arrive later.
We're closed on:
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
We're open as usual on all other Bank Holidays, but it can be very busy at these times.
Location map of Hazel Court HWRC
Access to Hazel Court HWRC
The height barrier for the site is 1.9 metres (if your vehicle is taller, follow the signs around the barrier).
Pedestrian and bike access
We don't allow access to the main site for pedestrians or bicycles - use the dedicated disposal area to the left of the main site entrance. We've placed bins here for general rubbish and some types of recycling.
You can also leave other items accepted on site, which our staff will place in the correct containers. Usage of this area is monitored to avoid misuse.
Bringing hire vehicles to Hazel Court HWRC
If you live in York and wish to visit Hazel Court HWRC using a hire vehicle, you should bring:
- hire vehicle documents
- proof of your address and residency (for example: a utility bill with your name and address)
Note: You don't need to contact us before your visit.
Businesses using hire vehicles must register with us prior to using the site and will be charged - see commercial waste disposal for registration information.
Buy compost and compost bins from Hazel Court HWRC
You're able to buy compost and compost bins at Hazel Court HWRC. Payment must be made at the site by debit or credit card only. No cash or cheque payments can be accepted.
We sell 40 litre bags of compost for £3.40 per bag.
We can't deliver compost purchased at Hazel Court HWRC.
Buy compost bins
We offer York and North Yorkshire residents home compost bins for sale at Hazel Court HWRC.
The bins are 330 litre capacity and cost £10.
You'll require a proof of address to purchase a compost bin as these discounted prices are only available to York residents, such as a:
- driver's licence card
- utility bill
Visit our Composting page for further information.