Zoom in (+) or zoom out (-), or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- click a 'feature' to get further information
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend
Rowntree Park car park
The car park is situated in the River Ouse floodplain. When river levels are high it may be necessary to close the car park for safety reasons even though the water may not have entered the car park.
We will try to keep such precautionary closures to a minimum although when water does enter the car park it may take several days to empty and clean up silt and debris left behind.
- Hours and charges
Rowntree Park is closed on Christmas Day.
Charges apply from 8.00am to 4.00pm. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Maximum stay 4 hours.
The car park is locked at dusk. A release fee of £50 will be charged to any vehicles requiring exit while the car park is closed. If you require release out of hours please call telephone: 03448 807102.
Length of stay Pay and display RingGo Pay by phone Minster Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £1.30 £1.30 60p Up to 2 hours £2.60 £2.60 £1.20 Up to 3 hours £3.90 £3.90 £1.80 Up to 4 hours £5.20 £5.20 £2.60
- Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
The location number for this car park is 808745.
- Anti-idling enforcement
Please note, if your vehicle is parked the engine should be switched off. If you leave your engine running, you may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
Find out more about our anti-idling campaign.
- Accessible parking
- Number of spaces
- Standard: 50
- Disabled: 2
- Electric: 0
- Car Club: 0
- Electric vehicle charging points: No
- Car park facilities
- Height restrictions: No
- Toilets: Yes, within Rowntree Park
- Motorcycle parking: No (see: Motorcycle Moped Parking in York)
- Lorry parking: No (see: York Lorry Park)
- Motorhome parking: No (see: Motorhome parking in York)
- CCTV: No
- People's Parking accreditation: Yes
- Café: Yes - Rowntree Reading Park Café
- Payment options