Zoom in (+) or zoom out (-), or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- click a 'feature' to get further information
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend
Esplanade car park
- Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay Pay and display RingGo Pay by phone Discount Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £2.80 £2.70 £2.50 Up to 2 hours £5.60 £5.40 £5.00 Up to 3 hours £8.40 £8.10 £7.50 Up to 4 hours £11.20 £10.80 £10.00 Up to 5 hours £14.00 £13.50 £12.50 Over 5 hours +£2.80 per hour +£2.70 per hour +£2.50 per hour Evening - 6.00pm to 8.00am £3.00 £3.00 £1.00
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- please note that a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £5.00 and over
- Evening parking
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park for £1.00 from 6.00pm to midnight.
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
- Park and pay by phone
- Long stay parking
To park for 2 or more days, pay for parking using the RingGo pay by phone service.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Accessible parking
- Number of spaces
- Standard: 75
- Disabled: 5
- Electric: 0
- Car Club: 0
- Electric vehicle charging points: No
- Car park facilities
- Payment options