Bootham Row car park
Number of spaces: 58 Standard, 8 Disabled, 6 Electric, 0 Car Club
- Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Note: Motorbike parking is free in the two dedicated bays next to the electric charge points.
Length of stay Pay and display RingGo Pay by phone Minster Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £2.70 £2.60 £2.40 Up to 2 hours £5.40 £5.20 £4.80 Up to 3 hours £8.10 £7.80 £7.20 Up to 4 hours £10.80 £10.40 £9.60 Up to 5 hours £13.50 £13.00 £12.00 Over 5 hours +£2.70 per hour +£2.60 per hour +£2.40 per hour Evening - 6.00pm to 8.00pm £3.00 £3.00 Free of charge
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- please note that a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £5.00 and over
- Evening parking
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park free of charge from 6.00pm to midnight.
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
- Park and pay by phone
- Long stay parking
To park for 2 or more days, pay for parking using the RingGo pay by phone service.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Accessible parking
- Car park facilities
- Payment options