Zoom in (+) or zoom out (-), or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- click a 'feature' to get further information
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend
Union Terrace car park
- Hours and charges
Car park is open 24 hours, and charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Charges for cars
Length of stay Pay and display Minster Badge holder Up to 1 hour £2.70 £2.00 Up to 2 hours £5.40 £4.00 Up to 3 hours £8.10 £6.00 Up to 4 hours £10.80 £8.00 Up to 5 hours £13.50 £10.00 Over 5 hours £16.00 £16.00 Evening parking - 6.00pm to 8.00am £4.00 £1.00
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 20p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 20p per message
- please note that a 15p service charge applies to all pay by phone payments
Evening parking for cars
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park for £1.00 from 6.00pm to midnight.
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
All day parking for cars
The all day parking charge for cars is £16.00 for periods over 5 hours. This covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8.00am the following day.
- Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 808756
- Long stay parking
Car parking for 2 or more days is available using the Pay By Phone service.
By using Pay By Phone to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked using their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Anti-idling enforcement
Please note, if your vehicle is parked the engine should be switched off. If you leave your engine running, you may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
Find out more about our anti-idling campaign.
- Accessible parking
- Number of spaces
- Standard: 145
- Disabled: 13
- Electric: 2
- Car Club: 2
- Coach: 35
- Electric vehicle charging points: Yes (for 2 vehicles)
- Car park facilities
- Payment options