Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

If you have difficulty paying your rent

Get advice from your Housing Management Officer as soon as you think you may not be able to pay your rent.

They'll check if you can claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support if you don't already receive it.

If they think you're eligible for other benefits, they may put you in touch with a Benefits Advisor.

If you can't pay back the amount you owe

Contact your Housing Management Officer to explain your difficulties, if you can't pay the amount you owe straight away.

You should be open and honest about your finances so that you can agree a realistic plan for repaying your debt in regular, manageable amounts.

Your Housing Management Officer can help you set up:

  • a Direct Debit, or
  • a standing order from your bank account

Note: We don't accept cash payments at our Customer Centre.

Tenants who don't sort out their debt can face:

  • legal action
  • additional costs
  • losing their home

Available help and advice

Help and advice is available from;

Also see

Housing Management Officer rent queries

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA