Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Council House Tenancies

Council house tenancies

There are two types of council tenancies:

If you transfer or exchange your home but already have a secure council tenancy/assured Housing Association tenancy, you will still be a secure tenant. Everyone else will start with an introductory tenancy that lasts for 12 months. During this time we make sure you're happy in your home and manage it well.

Find out more about ending a council tenancy or making changes to your tenancy.

Council tenancy factsheets

If you are a council tenant you can read the council tenancy factsheets for information on various subjects, such as:

  • your tenancy
  • rents
  • repairs
  • communal areas
  • estate services
  • moving home

Also see

Housing Management Officer

Find contact details for your Housing Management Officer (HMO).

Find details of your HMO