We submitted the City of York (new) Local Plan to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government on Friday 25 May 2018 for independent examination.
Those who made representations at Regulation 18 stage will be notified that the Plan has been submitted and will be informed that all the documents prescribed by the Regulations have been listed and made available.
Find out more about:
- our Notice of Submission Statement
- view our Index of the Local Plan Submission Documents
- view documents submitted to the Planning Inspectorate
- view the responses made to Local Plan Publication consultation (Regulation 19)
Local Plan Submission documents
The documents can be accessed online electronically at our Customer Centre and libraries, and in hard copy on request.
- City of York Local Plan Publication Draft (Regulation 19 Consultation) (February 2018)
- Errata Addendum to Local Plan Publication Draft (February 2018)
- City of York Local Plan Publication Draft – Schedule of Minor Modifications (May 2018)
- City of York Publication Draft Local Plan Policies Maps 2018 - North, South and City Centre
- City of York Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Publication Draft Regulation 19 Consultation (February 2018) and Appendices
- City of York Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (April 2018)
- City of York Local Plan Consultation Statement Regulation 22(c) of the Town & Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended) May 2018 and documents submitted to the Planning Inspectorate - see Annexes CD013A to CD013W
- City of York Local Plan Submission Statement to demonstrate compliance with the Duty to co-operate (April 2018)
New Local Plan next steps
Submission of the Local Plan marks the beginning of a public examination process. Independent Planning Inspectors have been appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Local Plan and Policies Maps and determine whether they are sound, legally compliant and fulfil the duty to co-operate.
New Local Plan Independent Programme Officer
We have appointed an independent Programme Officer, Carole Crookes, to assist the independent Inspector through the examination. Carole will be responsible for all procedural matters relating to the examination, and all future correspondence with respondents to the Local Plan regarding the independent examination will be through her.
This is a continuous process running from the date of submission through to when we receive the appointed Planning Inspector’s Report. Part of this process will involve hearing sessions where attendees will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the appointed Planning Inspector. The submission of further written material to the examination will be determined by the Inspector.
Following instruction by the appointed Inspectors, the Council held a consultation on the Proposed Modifications to the Local Plan prior to hearing sessions between 10 June and 22 July 2019.
Once confirmed, all further details relating to the examination process will be advertised, made available online and sent to all respondents.
View the latest updates and progress via our independent examination page.