Fees for larger house extensions
The government has introduced a £96 fee for larger house extension applications under 'Schedule 2; Part 1; Class A' of General Permitted Development Order 2015.
The £96 fee applies to applications submitted from 19 August 2019 onwards.
You may need to apply for planning permission and/or Building Regulation consent if you own a residential property and wish to make changes to it.
Read the following advice for more information:
- when planning permission is needed
- when Building Regulation consent is needed
- design guide for alterations and extensions
- the planning application process
- pre-application planning advice
- guidance notes for completing our planning application form
- The Party Wall Act (GOV.UK)
Check our application checklist to ensure you have all the necessary information before applying for planning permission.
Alternatively, download our householder planning application form and return to our Planning Submissions Team.