Listed building consent is required if you wish to alter, extend or demolish a listed building under the following legislation and policy:
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Section 12 of the National Planning Policy Framework
Before you begin you should read more about:
- listed building consent guidance notes
- the planning application process
- pre-application planning advice
- planning application forms and guidance
Use our application checklist to ensure you have all of the information needed before you apply for planning permission for internal and external alterations to listed buildings.
Or complete a 'Listed building consent' application form and return to our Planning Submissions Team.