Allow five working days for permission to be granted. We will contact you about your application within this time.
Restrictions on cherry pickers, access platforms and cranes
If you're working on busy roads or in the city centre we'll ask you to do so on a Sunday or outside peak hours. In addition:
- rigid pedestrian barriers must be used to prevent pedestrians walking underneath equipment
- traffic management measures must be taken (include details with your application)
- a copy of your licence must be displayed on the vehicle or be kept by the equipment operator at all times
If your cherry picker, crane or access platform prevents others from using the 'carriageway' you need to apply for a road closure or lane closure.
For further information see our terms and conditions for use of cherry pickers and access platforms.
We may be unable to give permission, so this process does not fall under 'tacit consent' parameters:
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 5 days of receiving your application
- if you've not heard from us within 5 working days contact network management to check the status of your application
Paying for a cherry picker, access platform or crane licence
The cost of a licence is:
- 1 day: £70
- 2 days or more: £104
We will send an invoice to the applicant for the cost of the licence. You can pay your invoice online.