You need to apply for permission to put up temporary direction signs for new developments.
- the development must be of a minimum planned size of 30 bedrooms
- only approved contractors can add or remove the signs
- a permit will be issued listing the approved signs (you may not get permission for all signs requested)
Apply for temporary signage
We'll contact you when we have received your application - please ensure your full contact details are included.
Cost of temporary signage
The application fee:
- covers administration and site investigation costs
- is non-refundable and payable with the application
- depends on the number of signs applied for:
- 4 signs or less: £353
- 5 to 8 signs: £412
- 9 signs or more: £469
If your application is successful you'll have to pay an additional highway charge of £16 per month for each sign. This charge is payable three months in arrears and is invoiced to the developer quarterly.