You can contact the Traffic Management Team to request a new direction sign or warning sign on a public road or path.
Your request for a new road sign must meet the following conditions:
- there is a substantial problem which requires improvement
- there is an current road safety problem
- it is physically possible to place the sign in the correct location
- the sign is allowed under highway regulations issued by the Department for Transport
We consider requests for new signs every 3 months.
We will contact you to advise you of the outcome of your request, as follows:
- within 10 working days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, contact us to check the status of your application