Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
People and communities

Flood advice and information

Flood advice and information

When there's flooding in York, we'll provide assistance, practical support and information as soon as it's safe and appropriate to do so.


Additional information is available if you:

You can also follow @EnvAgencyYNE and #floodaware on Twitter, or contact Floodline by telephone: 0345 988 1188.

Flood warnings and levels

The Environment Agency's flood information service is updated regularly. Their current flood warning is refreshed every 10 minutes:

Also see

Red text-based logo with wavy line icon: Ousewem; rising waters, rooted solutions.

Find out about Ousewem, an innovative flood resilience project driving integrated, long-term approaches to safeguarding North Yorkshire communities.

Ousewem flood resilience project