Manage your council tax account online using the Citizen Access Council Tax portal.
To register for Citizen Access Council Tax you'll need:
- your full name
- the full address of the property
- your phone number or email address
- your council tax account reference number (starting '88')
Your council tax account reference number can be found on your bill. If you don't know your account number, contact our Customer Services Team and we can provide this.
Once logged in you're able to:
- view and manage your account
- set up or amend a Direct Debit
- deal with a change of address
- tell us some one has moved into or out of a property
- apply for discounts and exemptions
- submit documents online
- access council tax bills online
- register for eBilling
Alternatively, all York libraries have free access to the internet for members, and library staff may be able to help you if you need support.
Council Tax appointments
To get council tax advice in person at West Offices, you need to make an appointment.