Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Swapping your council home

Swapping homes is much quicker than waiting for a council organised transfer.

You will need our permission to move. If you move without written approval you will have to move back. In extreme cases you may lose both homes.

Introductory tenants are not entitled to swap homes.

If you need to move urgently

If you are being harassed by neighbours, are living in fear of violence or have other exceptional circumstances talk to your Housing Management Officer.

We will decide what action should be taken - which could involve a move. We will also look at other ways to solve the problem, such as an injunction. This may mean getting help from other people, such as the police and social workers.

Also see

Housing Management Officer

Find contact details for your Housing Management Officer (HMO).

Find details of your HMO