Use our eForms to report neighbourhood problems online.
Issues with street furniture
- damaged or faulty non-illuminated bollard
- damaged or missing pedestrian guardrail or fence
- damaged or missing street name plate
- missing or stolen street furniture, paving slabs or manhole covers
Issues with roads or pavements
- damage to a pavement
- cracks and potholes
- faded road markings
- damaged or dangerous manhole cover
- trip hazards, such as uneven paving slabs or road surface
- missing kerb stones
We grit roads to keep traffic moving safely during winter. Unfortunately the combination of grit and very wet, cold weather can cause damage to road surfaces and potholes appear.
When you report a pothole we inspect each one within 4 days (or within 2 hours in emergencies). If necessary, we'll carry out a repair within 20 days, taking into account how much the road or path is used, and the risk of damage to people or vehicles. Sometimes, we'll use a temporary repair before we provide a more permanent solution.
Issues with street cleanliness
- spilled paint or oil
Issues with street lights and traffic lights
- bulbs being out
- damage to lamp posts
- faults with floodlights on city walls
You can also report a problem with a crossing or traffic signal.
Compensation for damage or injury
Find out how to make an insurance claim against us when a street, road or pavement problem has caused damage or injury, and you want us to consider paying compensation.