Use this form if you're responsible for council tax and want to tell us you're moving from one York address to another.
Use this form up to 2 weeks in advance of your moving date, but not earlier.
We'll transfer any credit from your current account to your new account.
If any closing payment is required at the old address, we'll send you a final bill for any balance due. That bill will be due for immediate payment.
To complete this form you'll need:
- the address and the postcode of your current property
- the address and the postcode of the property you are moving to
- the date you'll move out of your current property
- the completion and move in dates for your new property (if buying)
- your tenancy end date for you current property and your new tenancy start date (if renting)
- landlord or agent details for your current and new properties (if renting)
- your phone number or email address
New build properties
Some properties, particularly new builds, may not be registered on our system or have a council tax valuation band assigned.
When dealing with a move into a property that isn’t registered on our systems, you can still use our standard form to advise of a change in occupancy. We'll process the form and add the property to our systems as well as registering it with the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) for banding.
The VOA will then band the property and confirmation will be sent in writing to you and to ourselves.
Once the property is banded, a bill will be processed and posted to the bill payer.
Council Tax appointments
To get council tax advice in person at West Offices, you need to make an appointment.