If you're moving out of York to another area, or will no longer be responsible for council tax at an address in York (for example, if you're selling a property or moving in with friends or family), you should use this form.
You can use this form up to 2 weeks in advance of your moving date, but not earlier.
We'll send you a final bill for any balance due after all payments have been taken into account. That bill will be due for immediate payment.
To complete this form you'll need:
- the address and the postcode of your current property
- the address and the postcode of the property you're moving to
- the date you'll move out of your current property
- your tenancy end date for your current property (if renting)
- landlord or agent details for your current property (if renting)
- your phone number or email address
Council Tax appointments
To get council tax advice in person at West Offices, you need to make an appointment.