Landlords and letting agents who've previously registered contact details with us must use this form to tell us about changes to tenants or occupants at their property. Contact the Council Tax Team if you're unsure whether you've registered.
Use this form up to 2 weeks in advance of the moving date, but not earlier.
To complete this form you'll need:
- the address and postcode of the property
- names of tenants or occupants over 18
- moving dates
- tenancy dates
- the tenants' contact details
- confirmation as to whether the tenant is in a relationship with anyone else living at the property
- confirmation as to whether the tenant has ever lived in the city of York area before
New build properties
Some properties, particularly new builds, may not be registered on our system or have a council tax valuation band assigned.
When dealing with a move into a property that isn’t registered on our systems, you can still use our standard form to advise of a change in occupancy. We will process the form and add the property to our systems as well as registering it with the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) for banding.
The VOA will then band the property and confirmation will be sent in writing to you and to ourselves.
Once the property is banded, a bill will be processed and posted to the bill payer.
Council Tax appointments
To get council tax advice in person at West Offices, you need to make an appointment.