We're developing a new Local Plan which will replace the current Local Plan; these documents are intended to provide a development framework for the whole city, forming the basis for planning decisions.
Our new Local Plan is currently in the process of examination by independent planning inspectors, following submission of the Local Plan to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government in May 2018.
In March 2019 we submitted a letter to the Inspectors [EX CYC 13] detailing 'proposed modifications' to the new Local Plan, as a result of new evidence. The response letter from Inspectors [EX/INS/6], 7 May 2019 acknowledged the substantial amount of work we've undertaken and requested a further consultation (due to new evidence being fundamental to the soundness of the Local Plan, particularly our overall approach to the Green Belt and the assessed Objectively Assessed Housing Need (OAHN), Figure 6). We replied on the 21st of May 2019 [EX CYC 19] and set our our proposed arrangements for the consultation.
Proposed modifications consultation
We consulted on the proposed modifications and new evidence to the new local plan, between Monday 10 June and Monday 22 July 2019. The Inspectors will only be considering comments on the proposed modifications and new evidence in terms of:
- if they make the new Local Plan legally compliant
- if they make the new Local Plan 'sound'
View the core documents:
- the City of York Local Plan Proposed Modifications Consultation Document, which sets out the proposed modifications
- the original City of York Local Plan Publication Draft Feb 2018 to understand the context of the proposed modifications
- the Updated Habitats Regulation Assessment and
- the Sustainability Appraisal Assessment Addendum, associated appendices and Non-Technical Summary
- printed copies of these documents are available at your local library or at West Offices.
View the background documents:
- Housing Needs Assessment update January 2019
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA), Figure 6
- The Addendum to Topic Paper 1: The Approach to Defining York's Green Belt and associated Annexes:
- Annex 1 - GIS Evidence
- Annex 2 - Green Belt Outer Boundary Descriptions and Justifications
- Annex 3 - Green Belt Inner Boundary Descriptions and Justifications
- Annex 4 - Urban Areas within the General Extent of the Green Belt
- Annex 5 - Sites Proposed within the General Extent of the Green Belt
- Annex 6 - Proposed Green Belt Modifications
- printed copies of these documents are available at York Explore and West Offices.
All of the consultation responses recieved have been sent in full to our appointed Planning Inspectors for their consideration as part of the York Local Plan Examination. We have given each response a unique reference number and have redacted information, where appropriate. You can view the redacted representations online below and via the Local Plan Examination Library or in hard copy at the Council's West Offices.
- EX CYC 21a - PMC Representations (Ref: PM SID 1 to 214)
- EX CYC 22b - PMC Representations (Ref: PM SID 218 to 389)
- EX CYC 22c - PMC Representations (Ref: PM SID 394 to 620)
- EX CYC 22d - PMC Representations (Ref: PM SID 621 to 920)
Please be aware that these are large files to download and may not be suitable for viewing on mobile devices.