Homeshare York survey
We're looking at how we offer Homshare in York and if there are any changes we could make so that it better suits the needs of the local community.
If you'd like to share your views on Homeshare please complete our Homeshare York survey.
Homeshare York matches an older homeowner (the ‘Householder’) with a younger person (the ‘Homesharer’) when the:
- Householder has a spare room and could benefit from support and companionship
- Homesharer is happy to provide 10 hours of support per week in exchange for accommodation
A Homeshare match is beneficial by providing:
- help with practical tasks
- an overnight presence (the Homesharer)
Our homeshare coordinator will:
- facilitate every match
- provide guidance throughout the matching process
- provide support on an ongoing basis
Get involved with Homeshare
Check your eligibility as:
Find out more about becoming:
Refer someone to Homeshare if you're a health care professional.
Homeshare York is a not-for-profit scheme, where there's no charge for Householders.
Homesharer costs are as follows:
- a £160 monthly fee towards the cost of ongoing support and the matching process
- contributions towards household bills
These terms will be stated in the Homeshare Agreement and agreed ahead of the match.