Be Independent equipment loan service provides simple aids to daily living to support lifelong independence for:
- disabled people
- people recovering from surgery
- elderly people
If you or someone you care for could benefit from help with daily living, there are 2 routes to loaning equipment from Be Independent:
- contact the Be Independent Team directly to discuss private rental
- contact our Adult Social Care Team to get an assessment of your care needs
Loan equipment from Be Independent
Based on assessment details and the equipment needed, when you loan equipment from Be Independent we'll arrange:
- delivery to your home address, or alternative address in York
- options for you, carers or healthcare professionals to collect equipment
- fitting and installation of equipment in your home, if requested by a healthcare professional
- maintenance of equipment to ensure statutory compliance
- collection or return of equipment no longer required
- cleaning of returned equipment at our decontamination unit
- repair, refurbishment and recycling of equipment, where viable
Cost of equipment from Be Independent
Dependent on the outcome of your consultations and requirements, equipment is available to rent directly from Be Independent.
Download the Be Independent Equpiment Loan Service Catalogue for equipment loan prices.
Some equipment is subsidised and subject to referral needs; some equipment could be provided free of charge.
Other Be Independent services
Independent living comes from having help and support at hand whenever it’s needed. We’re really proud of the work we do and what our help means for our customers and their families. Find out more about Be Independent services, including: