We can provide practical help and advice to reduce the risk of falls if you're worried about falling in your home.
We're currently offering free home safety visits if you live in:
Falls Prevention Assessment
During the course of our visit, we'll find out more about you and look at the layout of your home to give you personalised advice.
With the appropriate permission, we may be able to carry out adjustments to your home which will help reduce the risk of falls. If you own your own home or live in a council property, we can often do these there and then, at no cost to you!
If you're a housing association or private tenant, we'll need to get your landlord's permission before making any adjustments to your property.
During our visit, we may look at:
- stairs and steps
- clutter and tripping hazards (for example: rugs, cables)
- floor coverings
- poor lighting, glare, shadows
- lack of appropriate adaptations (for example: grab rails, stair rails)
- access to telephone or alarm systems
- quality of heating
- door thresholds
Your behaviour, balance, medication and medical conditions can also increase the risk of falls, and whilst falls are not an inevitable part of ageing, they're more likely to occur as people get older.
Make a Falls Prevention Assessment appointment
For more information or to make an appointment:
- contact us on telephone: 01904 567456
- email: email@example.com, or
- request a falls prevention assessment online