If you're an adult or older person experiencing mental health problems, you should first speak to your doctor, who can tell you where to get help in the local area.
Common mental health problems include:
- panic attacks
More information and assistance with mental health
For information and support relating to York's learning disability and mental health providers, visit the Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust (TEWV) website.
- Mental Health Support Line - a service for local people with mental health problems
- How to access mental health services (NHS) - what to do if someone's mental or emotional state quickly gets worse
- Dealing with a mental health crisis
- Advice for carers - we can look at your needs and may be able to offer you support
- Mental Health Promotion
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Partnership Board
More details of local services, providers and groups is available through Live Well York.