Our adults mental health service offers support and advice to York residents, as well as enabling access to training and placement schemes. Our service is designed to meet the needs of each individual.
Get a referral to our Mental Health Recovery Service
You can access our service via your:
- key worker
- care co-ordinator
Please ask your GP, consultant, key worker or care co-ordinator to complete our referral form or complete it yourself (self-referral).
You can either email the form to us or print it off, complete and post it to us. If you are struggling to complete this form, please contact the team and we can support you with this.
Please contact us for any further information about how to access our service.
Our Mental Health Recovery programme
We have a highly skilled Mental Health Recovery Team, committed to offering an individually tailored and flexible service for our clients. We promote the prevention of poor mental health and enable the transition to independence.
As part of our recovery and social inclusion programme, we offer:
- opportunities to join our task-based training in the café, reception or library areas
- 1:1 coaching/mentoring
- opportunities for work placements
- support with accessing voluntary work
- information, advice and guidance on education opportunities
- a variety of social groups/activities
- access to support groups in the community
- a positive ethos, promoting independence and self-esteem
- a comfortable café and garden environment to meet new friends
MHRT@30 Clarence Street
Following a £326,000 refurbishment, the centre was opened in July 2017.
MHRT@30 Clarence Street offers a range of facilities, such as:
- Parasol Reading Café, offering home-made food and great coffee
- Wellness library
- a relaxing enclosed garden area
We also offer a range of workshops and training, including:
- café and reception training
- baking group
- easy budget meals
- social groups
- information, advice and guidance
How our Mental Health Recovery programme could help you
There are many possible positive outcomes from working with us, for example:
- learning prevention techniques to aid better mental health and well-being in future
- higher levels of self-esteem
- regaining independence
- feeling less isolated
- improving/regaining life skills
- development of transferrable skills
- access to higher education
- a move to voluntary, part-time or full-time employment