Homeshare York matches an older homeowner (the ‘Householder’) with a younger person (the ‘Homesharer’) when the:
- Householder has a spare room and could benefit from support and companionship
- Homesharer is happy to provide 10 hours of support per week in exchange for accommodation
A Homeshare match is beneficial by providing:
- help with practical tasks
- an overnight presence (the Homesharer)
Our Homeshare Coordinator will:
- facilitate every match
- provide guidance throughout the matching process
- provide support on an ongoing basis
Get involved with Homeshare
Check your eligibility as:
Find out more about becoming:
Refer someone to Homeshare if you're a health care professional.
Homeshare York is a not-for-profit scheme, where there's no charge for Householders.
Homesharer costs are as follows:
- a £160 monthly fee towards the cost of ongoing support and the matching process
- contributions towards household bills
These terms will be stated in the Homeshare Agreement and agreed ahead of the match.