Staff and partners can get access to council communications systems, applications and ICT remotely, over a secure connection, if authorised to do so.
If you don't know your login information or need assistance, contact our ICT Service Desk on telephone: 01904 552222.
Steps to work remotely
Remote working guides
- Skype for Business
- video tutorials
- Office 365
- Microsoft self-service password reset
- Doqex secure email and web portal
Working remotely for the first time
To work remotely for the first time, you need to do the following before you can log in;
One Time Passcode (OTP)
In order to access the network, you will need a One Time Passcode, which can be set up on a smartphone or home computer. You can learn how to do this watching our simple YouTube video tutorial or follow our step-by-step One Time Passcode (OTP) guide provides detailed instructions on how to download this app and set up your OTP on a smartphone or personal laptop.
Before you connect to CYC for the first time you will need to download a Citrix client:
- for Windows computers - Citrix Workspace for Windows
- for Macs - Citrix Workspace for Macs
- for Android devices - Citrix Workspace for Android
- for iOS devices - Citrix Workspace for iOS
Our ICT Service Desk may advise that you run the Citrix Receiver Cleanup Utility first, if you're moving from an old version of Citrix Receiver.
CYC application portal
Refer to our FAQs for further information:
Staff can also contact the ICT Service Desk for assistance.
Skype for Business
Helpful guides for customers who use Skype:
- Quick guide for Skype - quick start guide to the newly enabled voice features
- Skype for Business: mobile app guide
Software required for the use of Skype for Business on personal devices:
- Windows software for optimising Skype on Citrix when using a non-work (personal) device
- Mac software for optimising Skype on Citrix when using a non-work (personal) device
Skype for Business Enterprise Voice (Select Users Only)
- Skype for Business: user startup guide - quick start guide to Skype for Business Enterprise Voice
- Skype for Business: full user guide - comprehensive guide
- Guide to Skype for Business Response Groups (Formal) – Users are required to sign in manually to the response group
- Guide to Skype for Business Response Groups (Informal) – Users are automatically signed into the response group when signing in to Skype.
Watch these short tutorials to learn how to use some programs.
- how to set up a Skype meeting in Outlook
- how to join a Skype meeting you've been invited to
- how to quit personal Skype before launching Citrix
- how to use Zoom
Microsoft self-service password reset
Microsoft Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) allows you to easily reset your password securely using Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) once registered.
Visit passwordreset.microsoftonline.com on any device to reset your password, so there’s no need to call the ICT Service Desk or submit a support ticket when your account is locked or you forget your password.
We are currently migrating staff to Microsoft Office 365. Instructions to set up your account can be found in the following guides;
DOQEX Secure email and web portal
The council’s secure email system has changed to DOQEX (Secure) email. In addition to sending secure email, you will also have access to other DOQEX services such as secure file sharing and project spaces.
Download the DOQEX user guides for further information, or contact the ICT Service Desk.
- Access the DOQEX web portal