Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Guidance for owners of holiday lets

General recommendations

If you own or manage a holiday let in York, we recommend that you:

  • check that you have a valid legal contract with the visitors staying in the property
  • consider the implications of renting your property for mortgage and tax purposes, and check your title deeds for any conditions that would prevent the property being used in this way
  • check that you have the correct landlord insurance in place (which covers holiday letting) and that the premium is up to date
  • check that you have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) that has been issued in the last 10 years
  • check whether you need to register as a landlord or obtain a House in Multiple Occupation licence
  • consider joining a scheme or association for ongoing guidance and support, such as The Professional Association for Self Caterers UK
  • keep up to date with consumer protection legislation

Also see

Neighbourhood Enforcement Team

Community Safety Hub, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551555

Public Protection Team

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 01904 551525