Thank you to everyone who responded to our 2021/22 budget questionnaire. Your responses have been fed into the budget proposals.
The overall budget proposals being considered by the Executive on 11 February 2021, and by Full Council on 25 February 2021, include:
- increasing basic council tax by 1.99% for the 2021/22 financial year
- a further increase of 3% to council tax, in line with the government’s social care precept
The proposals also include an additional £12.5 million in revenue funding to:
- meet continuing pressures on adult social care and children’s services
- support the council’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- maintain progress on key objectives outlined in the Council Plan
Savings proposals of £7.9 million, equivalent to 6% of the council’s total revenue budget, are also being put forward.