If you're aware of social care fraud happening, or you suspect someone is committing social care fraud against us:
- report it to Veritau immediately on 0800 9179 247 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- they will investigate all reports of fraud we receive
- you can report fraud anonymously, if you wish
Types of social care fraud
A large amount of the money you pay through your council tax goes towards providing health and social care for those with care and support needs.
We encounter a number of different types of social care fraud, which include:
- direct payment fraud, where a person receiving care, or someone acting on their behalf, may be misusing the money they receive from us
- financial abuse of a vulnerable person
- failing to declare income or savings during a financial assessment
Social care fraud ultimately means that we are paying more towards our care and safeguarding services than necessary. Any money we lose as a result of fraud is money we could have used elsewhere or to keep costs down, so we need your help to prevent fraud wherever possible.
Fraud prevention and data matching exercises
We carry out regular fraud prevention and data matching exercises to protect ourselves against fraud.
Report fraud on our freephone number, telephone: 0800 917 9247