Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Personal Independence Payment

If you’re aged between 16 and 64, a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with some of the extra financial costs caused by:

  • long-term ill-health
  • a disability

A PIP is money for people who have extra care needs or mobility needs as a result of a disability or long-term ill-health.

PIP is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for most adults.

Applying for a Personal Independence Payment

When you apply for a PIP, you'll be assessed for your individual daily living and mobility needs. You'll be paid at a 'standard' or 'enhanced' rate depending on your needs.

Government information on how to apply for a Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

You can get benefits advice in York to check if PIP is right for you and to help you claim.

Other help available if you claim a PIP

If you're entitled to a PIP, you may also be able to get other help such as a:

If you care for someone who receives a PIP, you may also be entitled to a Carer's Allowance.

Also see

Benefits appointments

Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.

Make an appointment