- Householder has a spare room and could benefit from support and companionship
- Homesharer is happy to provide 10 hours of support per week in exchange for sharing your home. The cost to you is £100 a month
A Homeshare match is beneficial by providing:
- help with practical tasks
- an overnight presence (the Homesharer)
Our homeshare coordinator with AgeUK will:
- facilitate every match
- provide guidance throughout the matching process
- provide support on an ongoing basis
Get involved with Homeshare
Find out more about becoming a:
See more information about:
Refer someone to Homeshare if you're a health care professional.
Homeshare York is a not-for-profit scheme, we keep costs to a minimum.
£100 monthly free towards costs of matching, administration and ongoing support.
Homesharer costs are as follows:
- a £200 monthly fee towards the cost of ongoing support and the matching process
- contributions towards household bills
These terms will be stated in the Homeshare Agreement and agreed ahead of the match.