For the safety of our staff and customers, and to help minimise the spread of coronavirus, we’re offering alternative access to some of our services.
- you must maintain social distancing if you visit
- special measures are in place so that social distancing guidelines can be maintained
- a limited number of vehicles will be allowed onto each site at one time
See further information about visiting the tip, including:
HWRC safety guidelines
When attending one of our HWRCs ensure that:
- you plan ahead and take steps to consider your own safety
- you only take an amount of waste that you can unload/lift without help (we can only assist once items are removed from your vehicle)
- you bring a permit if you're using a trailer, van or pickup (as usual)
- businesses bringing commercial waste must stop at the weighbridge (as usual) - normal invoicing rates apply
- you respect our staff who'll be working to maintain social distancing measures
- you maintain social distancing measures throughout your visit (staying 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household)
Travelling to HWRCs
Tips in York are open based on government guidance about coronavirus.
Do not visit a HWRC if you're:
- extremely clinically vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- showing symptoms of coronavirus
- in a 14-day household isolation period
See government advice on staying at home, and social distancing guidance.
A limited number of vehicles will be allowed onto each site at one time, to ensure safe social distancing; be aware that there may be queues on arrival, and you'll need to wait inside your vehicle.
Due to the speed that vehicles can travel along Towthorpe Road and the potential for queueing cars wanting turn right against the oncoming traffic to access Towthorpe,we recommend you enter the site from the A64, where possible.