We undertake regular reviews to make sure our council tax records are up to date. We’re currently checking which customers should continue to get a single occupancy discount.
Complete your Single Person's Discount 'declaration form' online, to tell us about the number of people living at your address.
To complete your declaration you'll need to enter:
- your unique PIN number, from the letter we have sent to you
- your council tax payment reference number (it starts 88...)
- your post code
If you need help with the form contact the dedicated review team on tel: 01904 820900.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the SPD review
See answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the ongoing review and your declaration form.
Further information about SPD reviews
Each year we receive lots of applications for 'single occupancy discount’ relating to council tax bills. Sadly, some applications are not genuine, and these people are attempting to cheat the system by fraudulently claiming reductions.
Laws exists which allow us to:
- prosecute council tax cheats through the court system
- make fraudulent claimants pay back the money they owe
SPD review outcomes
Your discounts will continue if you:
- complete the declaration and still qualify
Your discount will be stopped if you:
- fail to complete the declaration
- no longer qualify