York Learning provides part-time and full-time courses at a variety of venues, dates and times across the York area. Our range of courses is designed for learners aged 16 and over.
Our Learning 4 Everyone brochure details our programme of courses, including:
- computing skills
- programmes to improve employment prospects
- painting and drawing
- flower arranging
- cookery and baking
- health and fitness classes
Sign up for a course
Sign up for a course:
- online at book.yorklearning.org.uk
- by telephone: 01904 554277 (leave your contact details on our answerphone and we'll call you back if we're not available)
- in person - visit us at our Customer Centre
Paying for your course
Course costs depend on:
- the length of your course
- if your course leads to a qualification
- if your course carries a government subsidy
If your course cost is over £120, you may be able to pay in instalments.
This option is only available when booking by telephone - ask us about this when you enrol.
Some courses are free to everyone (listed as 'free' in the course guide).
You may also be entitled to attend a course for free if:
- you're on a low income
- you receive benefits, such as Job Seekers' Allowance
Find out more about entitlement to free courses:
- in our guide
- when you enrol
- on our website
Note: You may need to pay an administration fee for some courses.
Reduced fees for courses
We offer reduced fees for some courses, including age-related reductions for some recreational courses - check when you enrol.
You can view our fee policies, including eligible benefits, on our website.
Note: You'll need to provide proof of entitlement to claim a course fee reduction.
Additional costs for courses
You may need to pay additional costs over and above the listed fee for some courses - check when you enrol.
Contact us for more information if:
- you're unsure about what you should be paying
- you have any queries about your course
Course brochure distribution dates
'Learning 4 Everyone' is distributed door-to-door for:
- Autumn/Winter in June
- Spring/Summer in December
Copies of our latest Learning for Everyone brochure are also available from your local library.