Our Big Conversation: 10 Year Strategies Consultation
Climate Change, health and wellbeing and addressing York’s economic recovery are some of the biggest challenges we face. How we address these topics will shape the life in York for at least the next decade.
Our 10 Year Strategies are now available for consultation and we are keen to hear from residents, businesses and stakeholders
Residents, businesses, stakeholders, partners and community groups are invited to let us know what they think about the strategies.
We want to know whether you think the principles which are applied to each of the strategies are helpful and whether the priorities are right for the city. We're keen to hear what you can do to help deliver the strategies and whether there is anything else you would like to tell us.
This is only the start. Together we can help York achieve its ambitions.
Read the draft 10 Year Strategies:
- Draft Climate Change Strategy
- Draft Health and Wellbeing Strategy Priorities
- Draft Economic Strategy
Take part in the Our Big Conversation: 10 Year Strategies Consultation:
The consultation closes at midnight on Friday 5 August 2022.
If you're unable to complete the survey online, you can visit libraries to read the strategies and fill out the survey at:
- York Explore
- Clifton Explore
- Tang Hall Explore
We're also holding 3 10 Year Strategies Scrutiny Committee round table discussion to explore different aspects of the draft strategies.
10 Year Strategies Consultation next steps
A number of actions will take place in autumn 2022, following the 10 Year Strategies Consultation:
- a pre-decision Scrutiny Committee will consider the feedback from the Our Big Conversation: 10 Year Strategies Consultation, and from the 3 Joint Scrutiny Committees
- the Health and Wellbeing Board will consider the feedback as they finalise the Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- the Health and Wellbeing Board will be invited to approve the final 10 Year Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- the City of York Council Executive will be invited to approve the final 10 Year Climate Change Strategy and York Economic Strategy
Once we're clear on the ambitions for the decade ahead, we will ask you to consult on the next iteration of the Local Transport Plan and the Devolution Deal.