We keep the Mental Health Recovery Service (MHRS) Privacy Notice under review. It was last reviewed and updated in October 2019 and then in May 2022.
The MHRS includes:
- 30 Clarence Street
- 22 The Avenue
- 38 Evelyn Crescent
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice contact the council’s Data Protection Officer.
View the privacy and transparency information for all of the City of York Council (CYC).
The MHRS will collect your personal data and special categories of personal data when you are referred to any of our services and this privacy notice explains how we use this data.
See further details about how we define personal data and non-personal data.
Collecting personal data
The MHRS will:
- collect your data in order to process your application for any of our services either from you or when you're referred to us
- only ask you for the information that is necessary to provide you with our services
The MHRS requires you to:
- provide accurate and up to date information
- inform us of any relevant changes or updates to information
- inform us if there are any mistakes in the information
If you fail to provide the information we ask for, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Using personal data
The MHRS will use your data to process your application for any of our services.
The information collected by the MHRS may be included in presentations, statistics or reports. Any presentations, reports and statistics for publication or use outside of the authorised council staff, will be anonymised and cannot be linked back to you, your family or individuals. Reports containing anonymous information may also be shared with the general public and other organisations.
Sharing personal data
Your data will be shared with our partners to process your application or provide you with our services. These may include:
- general practitioners (GPs)
- others involved in your care, such as staff from Community Mental Health Teams
- voluntary sector agencies
- other housing providers
- other departments within the council
The MHRS will not use your data for any other purpose than set out in this privacy notice and will not disclose to a third party, for example other companies or individuals, unless we are required to do so by law for the prevention of crime and detection of fraud, or, in some circumstances, when we feel that you or others are at risk.
Retaining personal data
The MHRS will:
- store your data securely in CYC’s secure network and ensure it's only accessed by employees who are authorised to do so
- only keep it for as long as is necessary and in the majority of cases data will be retained for 8 years confidentially and securely destroy and delete your data when we no longer need it
At the end of the retention period, we may pass any relevant information to the City Archives where it is required or appropriate to do so.
Further processing of personal data
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we'll provide you with a new notice.
The new notice will:
- explain this new use before we start the processing
- set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions
Where and whenever necessary, we'll seek your consent to the new processing, if we start to use your personal data for a purpose not mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
Your rights relating to personal data
When we collect your personal data we'll tell you how we are going to use it. Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights under data protection law.
- Our Data Protection Policy Statement
- Website terms and disclaimer
- Accessibility statement
- Cookies policy
- Copyright statement