All drafts of the new Local Plan are subject to public consultation.
- Preferred Options Local Plan documents were consulted on between 5 June and 31 July 2013
- Further Sites consultation documents were consulted on between 4 June and 16 July 2014
- Preferred Sites consultation documents were consulted on between 18 July and 12 September 2016
- Pre-Publication draft Local Plan (Regulation 18 Consultation) documents were consulted on between 18 September and 30 October 2017
- Publication draft Local Plan (Regulation 19 Consultation) documents were consulted on between 21 February and 4 April 2018
All responses received through formal consultation are made publicly available in full and as summaries, including the key issues raised which we compile into tables.
The responses recieved to the most recent consultation are still being process and will be made available in due course.
Each response is saved using an individual's unique ID reference number; please contact us if you would like to know your ID number.
Local Plan consultation responses in full
To search Local Plan consultation responses, you'll need to enter:
- LOCPLN/14/00001 to access responses for the Preferred Options Consultation
- LOCPLN/14/00002 to access responses for the Further Sites Consultation
- LOCPLN/16/00001 to access responses for the Preferred Sites Consultation
- LOCPLN/17/00001 to access responses for the Pre-Publication Regulation 18 Consultation
- Access to responses to the Publication Consultation will be made available in due course
View all of the responses we have received.
Responses from businesses and organisations appear in full. We have made every effort to remove personal details from responses received from individuals.
Summaries of local plan consultation responses
The individual comments we have received are summarised by section, policy or site , with petitions summarised separately:
- Preferred Options consultation summaries
- Further Sites consultation summaries
- Preferred Sites consultation summaries
- Pre-Publication Regulation 18 consultation summaries
Each summary table includes a 'Ref' column.
The first number represented in this column is the ID of the individual, business or organisation who made the comment and can be used to find the full responses saved under this number. The second number is a log of the specific comment.
When reading through the summaries be aware that:
- where no comments have been made in relation to a policy or site, no summary will exist
- where an identical letter or residents' survey was submitted, we have given these a response number and summarised once to avoid repetition
- we have identified identical letters/residents' surveys with the wording 'see response x' in the comments column, and have included these in a separate summary table
- comments submitted during a Preferred Options consultation relating to strategic, general housing and employment sites can be found under Preferred Options Section 8: Economy and Section 10: Housing Growth and Distribution
- if a comment has been made on open space in connection with site ST15, we will have logged the comment under site ST15 in the Spatial Strategy section, rather than under the Open Space section
Local Plan Further sites survey
As part of the Further Sites consultation, we received a number of responses to a Local Plan survey, which we tailored to different areas of the city, asking both city-wide and area-specific questions.
See a summary of the Local Plan survey responses.
Local Plan consultation findings
Public consultation findings are part of the evidence base upon which we analyse and take decisions for the Local Plan.
Other evidence base work and the Sustainability Appraisal process also inform the Local Plan.
You will have further opportunities to comment on the final Local Plan before it is examined by an independent inspector.