The Planning Inspectorate 'householder appeals service' (HAS) is a speed service just for householder appeals.
It use the original application file held by us, in an electronic format, to administer the appeal:
- We supply our decision notice in relation to the appeal together with any internal reports but don't provide a formal appeal statement or attend the site visit.
- As 'the appellant' you send an appeal statement with your appeal forms.
- Planning Inspectors work entirely electronically and visit the site (with the appellant in some cases, to provide access).
The streamlined process decides householder appeals in eight weeks - approximately 6 weeks quicker with numerous benefits for all parties:
- For appellants, the process is simpler to understand, requires less form filling and relies mainly on documentation already sent to the local planning authority. There are therefore reductions in the time taken to submit the appeal and ultimately in receiving the decision.
- For the Inspectorate there is less time taken in chasing up missing documents, putting the appeal file together, and generally administering the process.
- For us, time and cost savings are achieved by not having to provide a formal appeal statement, by using electronic files, filling in simpler forms and by removing the need to attend appeal site visit.
Find out more
Further information can be found on the Planning Inspectorate website.
Appeals can be submitted online via the Planning Portal.