York Learning offers courses and programmes to help you get into work or support you whilst in work.
Our main focus is to support lifelong learning, develop people's skills, qualifications and help those seeking to return to thejobs market.
We provide a central point for information on training and education opportunities, we are based in the Customer Centre, West Offices, Station Rise, York.
Services available from York Learninginclude:
- careers information
- advice on qualifications
- dedicated employability programmes to support people back into work
- market enterprise project for those interested in trying self employment
- range of short vocational courses to improve skills
- foundation learning programmes for 16 to 18 year olds
- apprenticeships and workbased learning
- maths, English and computing courses at a range of levels
- learning for recovery programmes that support those with health issues and disabilities
York Jobs Fair 2016
Don't miss York Jobs Fair- Thursday 14th April 2016 at the Railway Institute, 22 Queen Street, York, YO24 1AD
The fair will be on from 10am to 3pm. There will be over 70 employers and training providers attending from a variety of business sectors.
The daily jobseeker
The Daily Jobseeker website is updated regularly with useful job seeking information including: CV tips, videos, blogs, advice from recruitment experts, interview tips, volunteering, social media presence and presentations. The site is hosted by Tumblr; you don't require a profile or need to log-on to use the resources.