York Learning offers courses and programmes to help you get into work or support whilst in work.
Our main focus is to support lifelong learning, develop people's skills and qualifications and help those seeking to return to the labour market.
We provide a central point for information and
advice on training and education opportunities and are based in the Customer
Centre, West Offices, Station Rise, York.
Services available from York Learning include:
- careers information
- advice on qualifications
- dedicated employability programmes to support people back into work
- market enterprise project for those interested in trying self employment
- range of short vocational courses to improve skills
- foundation learning programmes for 16 to 18 year olds
- apprenticeships and workbased learning
- maths, English and computing courses at a range of levels
- learning for recovery programmes that support those with health issues and
The daily jobseeker
The Daily Jobseeker website is updated regularly with useful job seeking information including: CV tips, videos, blogs, advice from recruitment experts, interview tips, volunteering, social media presence and presentations. The site is hosted by Tumblr; you don't require a profile or need to log-on to use the resources.