Apply for a hoarding licence to place any temporary hoarding or fencing on the road, footway or grass verge for up to 28 days.
For more information download our scaffolding and hoarding licence terms and conditions or contact our highway licencing officer. Please note:
- we require a minimum of 5 working days notice to investigate and process your application
- if your hoarding reduces the width of the footway to less than 1.2m a temporary footway must be provided
- if a temporary footway is placed adjacent carriageway you need to provide traffic management measures
- where a temporary footway is not possible you may need to apply for a footway closure
- All relevant details must be supplied with your application
We may be unable to give permission for a hoarding to be placed at your requested location, so this process does not fall under 'tacit consent' parameters:
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you about your application within 5 working days
- if you've not heard from us within 5 working days contact Network Management to check the status of your application
Cost of hoarding licences
- a hording licence costs £89 for 28 days
- subsequent periods of 1 to 28 days will be charged at £58
- if hoarding licence is required urgently, a 'late application' costs £19 (£108 in total)
- a 'defect notice' will be issued if a hoarding doesn't meet the standards in the licence terms and conditions. In these circumstances you must rectify the fault and pay an additional £19.
Paying for hoarding licences
Please do not send payment with your application. You will receive an invoice for all fees and charges.